My Website

Items can be purchased from the website www.thepeartreeboutique.com
Bespoke orders welcome

Saturday 5 April 2014

New Designs, New Times

I thought I'd share some of the new designs I've been working on lately in between caring for my three boys, making stock for Blighty Bazaar and studying to improve my digital design skills.


This is a design I worked on for some time before I got it exactly right. It's proved really popular and is a regular on the sewing room table. 
I made purses, gadget cases, pencil cases, bags and storage baskets in this design. 
I'm currently panicking about what I will do when I run out of the brown spot fabric! 


This fun spring design is a playful one, aimed at children. Many of my designs are childlike, simple in form and use bright, fun fabrics. 


My twins son's got some of those fantastic personalised pencil sets for their Birthday, where each pencil is embossed with their name. 
We ended up with a scuffle every time they wanted to draw with their pencils as they all got mixed up. So I made them each a pencil case with their name on. These turned out much better than I had anticipated and I will be making these to order via my Folksy site. www.folksy.com/shops/thepeartreeboutique


I found some really cute Riley Blake fabric featuring retro mix tapes and it took me on a trip down memory lane. Of making tapes for my friends, receiving them from boyfriends and doodling fantastic cardboard covers for them. I can't tell you what my personal series of tapes was called - it's too rude! But the aim was to create a series to rival the NOW series. Of course I lost interest after about 5 tapes...

No comments:

Post a Comment